Tuesday 7 July 2009

Not digging too deep...



This was a little ad I put together for last years UKSA National Skateboarding Championships.

I think Niall Kenny filmed the Ben Nordberg training footage. I like Nordberg. He is up for it and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Hopefully it is obvious what we were trying to do here. I mean, it's clearly goofy footage of him pissing about while bored on some tour.
Kind of a shame as I wanted to do a really serious one. One where no-one would actually be sure if we were joking or not. I mean, we came out with the "National Skateboarding Championships" (A necessary evil) moniker which kind of reeks of everything I didn't want to be near when I got into skateboarding - so we could of managed to pull off the 'not getting it' angle easily, I'm sure.
Anyway, if you missed it -gutted. It was a good excuse to not only get all the usual contest faces together but also knock about with those not normally prone like Snowy, Joey, Lev, Nicholson, Tom Knox, Tanner, Howsey, Sean Smith and the like. The actual skateboarding was fucking crackers, too.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment