Wednesday 11 March 2009

Little MJ? Nope. Little MN.

Yeah, thats a big, big claim...But there is a certain air of Marc Johnson in Mark Nicolson's style.

I've known Nicolson since he was about 12. He used to frequent the Waltham Cross Youth Centre on a Wednesday. It was about three years until he spoke. Actually, I thought he was a girl for pretty much the first six months. Don't tell anyone. It was Tom Ball whop got him talking, if I remember rightly.
I think that the MJ comparison initially surfaced after witnessing an old downhill line at the Diving Board Benches in a Big Worms video. Mellow flick and some clearly very loose trucks.

Check out this post on the Death blog. Passmore's old Focal Point video (another I lent out, never to have been returned) has had the Nicolson section ripped. Good viewing.


More Skateboarding >>


I'll go dig out some pre-millenium Nicolson. I'm sure I have some somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment