Monday 14 September 2009

Black Sabbath Deluxe

A little while back, Zac from Caught in the Crossfire sent me the 2009 release Deluxe version of Black Sabbath's 'Paranoid'. It had the OG album, a disc of bonus tracks (Pretty good, too - although the Instrumentals are kind of a waste of time). Best of all, it has the original Quadrophonic mix on a DVD, not released since the 70's. Trippy Sabbath from four speakers.



Last week he followed through and posted me out Deluxe Edition copies of Black Sabbath and Master of Reality. Stoked.



I used to have those two albums on loop in my Austin Maestro sometime in the mid-nineties.
Sitting in the car, in the woods, while the rain came down listening to the opener of the first album. The Four Horsemen didn't have shit on us. And it was a 1.3 litre, too.

Different takes of various songs seem to reinforce their decisions as to what made the cut on the second discs and best of all, "Weevil Woman '71", an original line up song I'd never heard before...

Which re-release will the Blue Suede Shoes cover surface on?

Cheers Zac. You rule.

I need to find homes for my old, old CD copies now.

No comments:

Post a Comment